MFWA DAY #3 New Designers FS

12:07


Last night's event showcased the works from all the up and coming new fashion designers in Malta, while there were some mixed opinions on some of the collections, I am here to share my favourite outfits and collections of the night!

First up is Margo De Vidal - a Spanish fashion designer based in Malta. She was the first designer to show her collection on the night and it was a subtle yet unique way of starting the show. I felt like the collection itself was inspired by a sandstorm, the natural, earthy colours of dip dye and fabric along with the garments' textures really brought about a sleek collection to wear for the upcoming months.






Mari Ahoy is a Finnish graduate fashion student and upcoming fashion designer, and she's also a friend of mine. I had seen some pieces from older collections of hers and can confirm that Mari loves minimalism in her work. Being creative with materials to see what she can create - Mari has perfectly combined the landscapes and atmosphere of Finland and Malta, cold and warm, snow and sun, light and dark through her minimalistic monochrome garments.






I think one of the designers that blew everyone away the most was Maria Cutajar, as soon as the first model, Jennifer Warner, stepped out onto the runway, people's jaws dropped. Once again, a monochrome collection, powerful with its own strong lines and shapes.






I took a particular liking to the following nude co-ords by Poshet! - Casual, classy and perfect for summer.


Sarah Caruana Dingli opted for an Alice In Wonderland themed collection, in which her creativity and imagination broke all boundaries and made its way into our hearts on the catwalk. I could definitely see myself wearing some of these colourful pieces.







Last but not least, I melted when I saw Beyond Couture's (Katarina Miklos Homoly) snakeskin 'body-snood' and high-waisted aquamarine-to-white ombre skirt. What beautiful colours and patterns they were, ones that hadn't been displayed anywhere else in this show.



OUTFIT OF THE DAY



I guess most people who saw me last night could say that I was slightly overdressed? My reply is that, if I'm going out, why not go ALL out? I landed upon a fairytale theme, in which I wore a champagne tulle skirt with a black shirt, black blazer and classic black stilettos. I wore a side plait and a fascinator hat with netting for the extra effect. This was all paired up with my beyond gorgeous Aldo clutch bag that resembles a thick fairytale book and is probably the most stand-out item in my entire outfit (and that I am also madly in love with!).




As for my jewellery, I added an extremely elegant set from DYRBERG/KERN jewellery (can be found exclusively at 202 Jewellery). The CALLIA earrings, BREZIA necklace and BREZIA bangle, chosen by myself, were all delicately hand-made with gold plated stainless steel and cubic zirconia to make my already whimsical outfit sparkle. A little about the brand : DYRBERG/KERN is a Danish jewellery company founded by Gitte Dyrberg and Henning Kern, whom collaborated on a brand after finishing studying at the Danish Design School. Their fashion jewellery is created by hand and undergoes more than 30 different processes before it is made into its final piece!








GET THE LOOK

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments